Website files backup
- How do I backup a website?
- How do I download my website backups?
- How do I view my website backup history?
- How do I initiate an immediate backup for my website?
- Can I change the schedule of my website backups?
- How do I delete my website backup?
- How often will the website be backed up?
- What if I see one or more folders not backed up without any errors?
- Can I prevent a file or a folder from being backed up?
You can put the name of the file or the folder in the exclusion list when you create your backup. Alternatively, click on edit connections for the website being backed up and add your file / folder there.
An exclusion beginning with a dot will exclude any file/directory that is an exact match AND any file whose extension matches.
Ex: “.ssh” would exclude [‘/.ssh’, ‘/user/.ssh’, ‘security.ssh’, ‘.ssh’]
Ex “cache” would exclude [‘/cache’, ‘/user/cache’, ‘cache’] it would not exclude “thecache” because the match is not exact.