- How do I backup a database?
- How do I download my database backups?
- How do I view my database backup history?
- How do I delete a database account?
- Which databases are supported?
- What format is the database files stored on the server?
- How often does my database get backed up?
- Can I change the schedule of my database backups?
- I can not connect to my database? Or I get an Error when I try to backup my database
- Login to your Dropmysite Dashboard
- Click on Add Database
Note (copy) our external IP on this page. You have to update your firewall settings
For cPanel users
- Go to database -> Remote MySQL
- Add the copied IP to the field “Host (% wildcard is allowed):”
- Click on Add Host
For DirectAdmin users
Click on MySQL Management
Click on a database name
On the next screen enter the IP as shown and click Add Host
For parallels Plesk user
- Go to home -> tools and settings -> IP Addresses
- Check the box “Switch on the rule”
- Give the rule a name say Dropmysite Database
- Add the copied external IP to the field “Allow connections to the following port”
- Check TCP Protocol
- Click OK