- How can I view modified files in my Backup?
- How can I view new files in my Backup?
- Can I change the backup interval?
- How long does it take for the data to be backed up?
- What format are the files available for download?
- What protocol do you support for downloading the files?
- Can I download the backup as a dump file?
- How long is the backup data retained?
- How much backup space do I need? Or How is the amount of used storage calculated?
We recommend you to please start with the lowest plan and we will calculate the size and you can upgrade to the optimum plan for your need then. Do not worry as we won’t stop the 1st backup even if you have lesser space. Subsequent backup will only be stopped.
If you still want to determine how much backup space you need, you need to know
- What is the size of your website files
- What is the size of your database
- What is your backup frequency for website
- What is your backup frequency for database
- How many versions of website and database do I need to backup
With dropmysite you can select a backup frequency from once a day to once a month and you can keep upto 30 versions of your backup.
Let us assume you decide to keep 7 versions of your backup copies.
Assume that website is 45 GB and you have 2 databases of 1.5 GB and 200 GB (mysql dump)
Please note that Website backups are incremental, database backups are not.
So for 7 versions you will need
|Database 1: 200MB x 7 versions =||1.4 GB|
|Database 2: 1,5GB x 7 versions =||10.5 GB|
|Website initial backup 1st version =||45.0 GB|
|Incremental for website 1GB x 6 versions =||6.0 GB|